DAT615 Advanced Database Programming
Lead Faculty: Dr. Pradip Peter Dey
Course DescriptionThis course teaches the skills for implementing and maintaining databases using Structured Query Language (SQL), including Data Design Language and Data Manipulation Language. Topics include creating databases using Transact-SQL and Data Transformation Services (DTS) to manipulate data; programming business logic using stored procedures, triggers, user-defined functions, and views.
- Create and Manage Constraints, Views, Indexes, and Other Specialized Objects.
- Specify primary and foreign keys and use indexes.
- Create Database Instance.
- Create and Mange Queries and update data.
- Develop stored procedures and triggers.
- Use advanced techniques for program control and data manipulation.
- Develop applications with embedded SQL and ODBC.