CSC610 Mathematical Foundations
Lead Faculty: Dr Pradip Peter Dey
Course DescriptionA study of mathematical models of computation and theoretical foundations of computer science. Proof techniques, automata theory, Chomsky hierarchy, decidability and computational complexity are emphasized.
- Construct a model of computation for a given specification.
- Develop a program implementing the model of computation.
- Prove that regular expressions are equivalent to Finite State Machines.
- Prove that complement of a regular language is regular.
- Prove that a given language is Context-Free.
- Construct a Push Down Automaton for a given computational problem.
- Construct a Turing Machine for a given computational problem.