CSC440 Advanced Programming in Java
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ronald Uhlig
A treatment of advanced programming techniques in Java using abstraction,
encapsulation and inheritance. Development of applets and applications using client server technology, multithreading, event-driven programming techniques, and multimedia.
- Implement object oriented techniques like encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Build graphical user interfaces and implement event handling.
- Use Javaandapos;s Exception Handling facilities.
- Create applets and applications with multimedia capabilities.
- Create multi-threaded Java applications.
- Implement Java client-server applications using Sockets and Datagrams.
- Create Servlets and Java Server Pages to build dynamic web pages.
- Develop database driven applications in Java.