CSC430 Programming Languages
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alireza Moztarebi Farahani
A comparative study of programming languages. Syntax, semantics and pragmatics are considered. Language features that support software engineering are emphasized. Recent trends in programming language design and type theories are studied.
- Describe historical perspective on programming languages, from 1950's to the present.
- Critically evaluate the suitability of a programming language for a specific task.
- Explain formal language theory and automata.
- Explain formal methods of programming language syntax and semantics.
- Describe fundamental programming language elements (data abstraction, control structures, expressions, exception handling)
- Explain issues related to variable binding, scope, and parameter passing.
- Describe major programming language paradigms (procedural, object-oriented, functional, logic, concurrent).