CSC422 Database Design
Lead Faculty: Dr Ronald Uhlig
Course DescriptionA survey of principles, structure, analysis, and techniques of database design and implementation. Topics include physical and logical design, normalization, database models, security, integrity and queries.
- Describe characteristics of entity relationship components and explain how relationships between entities are defined.
- Build ER Model.
- Explain normalization and normal forms.
- Create data models based on EER diagrams.
- Use SQL commands and function for data manipulation and data administration.
- Describe database design strategies.
- Describe various models used for concurrency control.