CSC350 Computer Ethics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alireza Moztarebi Farahani
Analysis of the values, ethics and ideologies in computing and their applications to current issues in computer industry within the contemporary sociocultural setting. Focuses on ethical decision-making in computing matters. students develop an ethical outlook on a wide variety of workplace issues in computing through case study, debate and readings.
- Identify ethical issues in different enterprise computing settings.
- Review real-life ethical cases and be able to develop ethical resolutions and policies.
- Understand laws and regulations related to ethics.
- Understand the consequences of ignoring and non-compliance with ethical imperatives.
- Learn about the best ethical practices and models.
- Understand the marketing strategies as they relate to ethics in the computing environment.
- Develop a sound methodology in resolving ethical conflicts and crisis.
- Learn about the issues directly related to information technology environment and professionals.
- Understand the effects of ethics on the quality of life.