CSC342 Computer Architecture
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alireza Moztarebi Farahani
An examination of advanced hardware design, analysis, and low level programming with emphasis on the structure of the machine. In addition, the machine cycles and instructions, pipelining, addressing modes, and architecture concepts are covered. Includes assembly language programming and program control structure
- Describe and explain the hardware organization and operation of Von Neumann computers in terms of structure and interaction of the basic blocks.
- Describe the details of pipelining.
- Explain machine operations in terms of register transfer language.
- Define the basic types of machine instruction and address modes.
- Analyze, design, code, test and trace the execution of binary machine-language programs.