CSC242 Intro to Programming Concepts
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alireza Moztarebi Farahani
Introduction to modern programming design techniques using C++. A study of basic programming constructs, techniques and fundamental control structures. Emphasis is on Object Oriented and modular programming. Coverage includes data types, functions, arrays and pointers. The course examines problem analysis, decomposition and modern programming paradigms and methodologies.
- Given a problem statement, prepare of formal problem analysis, develop an algorith to solve the problem and translate the problem using C++.
- Discuss the logical construction of computer programs, particularly the three fundamental structures: simple, repetitive and decision.
- Demonstrate structured programming, including such concepts as modularity, step-wise refinement, top-down and Object Oriented design.
- Write programs in C/C++ using functions and abstract data types.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly use pointers by creating pointers, dereferencing pointers, passing pointers and doing pointer arithmetic.
- Implement professional best practices and conventions in programs created.
- Design, test and debug computer programs.
- Understand and apply basic concepts of Object Oriented Programming.
- Use array structures and vector object in programs.
- Utilize pointers in programming and coding.