CSC209 Calculus for Comp. Science II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alireza Moztarebi Farahani
Continuation of Calculus I with emphasis on understanding of concepts and developing problem solving techniques and strategies. Topics include integration
of trigonometric functions, functions of several variables, convergence of series and sequences. Applications in the areas of series approximation, continuous probability distributions, random variables, and modeling are discussed and examined.
- Differentiate and integrate trigonometric, inverse trigonometric and multivariable functions.
- Recognize and use various techniques of integration such as substitution, by parts and partial fraction.
- Determine the convergence/divergence of sequences, infinite series; find the interval of convergence of a power series.
- Use calculus to solve probability problems.
- Use calculus in applications involving areas, volumes, arc length.
- Solve simple first order differential equations.