ANA615 Data Mining Techniques
Lead Faculty: Dr Jodi Reeves
Course DescriptionApplication of methods using techniques in data mining, text mining, and predictive modeling for exploration and knowledge discovery. Design of objectives, data selection and preparation, analytic method selection such as classification and decision trees, and predictive modeling will be used for a variety of case studies and practical industry applications. Applying data mining using real world data will leverage statistical assessment and interpretation from database information.
- Evaluate principles and methodologies of data mining.
- Assess methods employing classification and decision trees, neural networks, and other regression techniques.
- Design data-driven and thought-based objectives for data mining.
- Organize data for data mining.
- Construct data-driven discovery and modeling of hidden patterns in large real-world data.
- Analyze text using text mining approaches.