Specialization in Computer Engineering
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mohammad AminThis specialization is designed to prepare students for a dynamic computer industry as well as for post-graduate students in the field of computer engineering and other related fields. Students take courses to analyze computer architecture, modeling and simulation of real time systems, image processing, and information storage and retrieval. This specialization emphasizes the use of simulation tools to understand various computer engineering concepts.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Compare various computer architectures and evaluate their benefits.
- Evaluate various simulation models for engineering problems.
- Analyze real-time systems.
- Analyze current technologies and various algorithms used for image processing.
- Synthesize principles and functionality of information storage and retrieval systems.
Students must successfully complete the core requirements before starting the specialization.
Requirements for the Specialization (5 courses; 22.5 quarter units)