WCM609 Radio Systems Modeling
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
Course focuses on simulation models built with MATLAB programming software that can serve as virtual laboratories for predicting the impact of system design changes for advanced digital communication systems.
- Understand the role of simulation in communication systems engineering.
- Understand the simulation approaches and methodologies.
- Illustrate the signal and system representations, filter models, noise generation, Monte Carlo simulation, and postprocessing.
- Interpret the advanced techniques for modeling and simulating nonlinear and time-varying systems.
- Contrast the waveform level and discrete channel models.
- Evaluate the performance estimation via Monte Carlo simulation.
- Gain the semianalytic simulation techniques.
- Understand the variance reduction techniques.
- Determine the co-channel interference in wireless communication systems, and more.