SEM608 Sustainable Buildings
Lead Faculty: Ben Radhakrishnan
Examination of environmental, economic and social benefits of green building. Specifically addresses the various methodologies that can be integrated into the built environment for energy savings while maintaining the highest indoor environmental quality. Specific strategies to secure LEED certification will be presented.
- Understand the impact of energy and material resources in built environment.
- Analyze the impact of energy and materials resources affect human performance and well being
- Examine the sustainable building concept through construction, commissioning, and occupancy phases
- Identify the effect of modern building technologies on sustainability concepts
- Develop rating systems for high performance buildings based on procedures developed by the US Green Building Council and other international organizations