EGR324 Linear Systems and Signals
Lead Faculty: Dr Jodi Reeves
Course DescriptionIntroduction to fundamental concepts, analysis and applications of continuous-time and discrete-time signals and linear systems. Course contents include time-domain and frequency-domain characterization of signals and systems, Fourier Series and Fourier Transform, basic sampling and filtering concepts, the Laplace Transform, and the Z Transform etc. The course will be supplemented with MATLAB based exercises.
- Classify and analyze different types of continuous-time and discrete-time signals.
- Understand the time domain and frequency domain representation of LTI systems and basic system properties.
- Apply various transforms, such as Fourier series, Fourier transform, Laplace transform etc., to analyze signals and LTI systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of signal filtering and sampling process.
- Use MATLAB to simulate and analyze signals and systems.