CEE310 Circuit Analysis
Lead Faculty: Dr. Peilin Fu
Course DescriptionAn overview of basic circuit design and analysis. Introductory topics include: Ohmandamp;#8217;s law, Kirchhoffandamp;#8217;s Laws, the mesh-current method, and Thand#xe9;venin and Norton Equivalent circuits. Students will apply these topics to RL, RC, and RLC circuit analysis. Advanced topics include the understanding and application of operational amplifiers.
- Analyze physical circuits through the use of Kirchhoffandapos;s laws and ideal circuit element models.
- Formulate nodal equations for linear resistive circuits.
- Develop Thevenin/Norton equivalents of circuits.
- Perform transient analysis of second order circuits with unit step inputs.
- Analyze linear circuits excited with sinusoidal sources.
- Explain techniques for determining steady state response.
- Understand concepts of coupled inductors and transformers.