MKT620 Consumer Behavior
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ramon Corona
An in-depth study of how psychological, sociological, and cultural variables influence buying behavior and marketing strategy development. It focuses on identifying the relevant behavioral variables in a given product purchase situation and determining how marketing strategy can be adapted to meet the ways in which consumers perceive, select, and buy. It uses advanced cases and a field study project.
- Identify the many factors that impact the purchase decision, including psychological, sociological, cultural and economic in the consumer product/services market.
- Describe how consumers are using the Internet to search for product information.
- Discuss how the purchase environment impacts the purchase decision.
- Develop strategies to influence the purchase decision.
- Measure consumer attitudes towards your product.
- Develop promotional strategies that will alter consumer attitudes towards your product.
- Identify current legal and ethical practices related to conducting research on consumer behavior.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.