MKT442A Intro to Public Relations
Lead Faculty: Dr Ramon Corona
An exploration of the various methods for dealing with three of the most critical audiences for business information: investors, government agencies and the public.
- Define and differentiate between public relations, publicity, and advertising.
- Define and differentiate between the public image of an organization and the image of its product(s) and service(s).
- Determine objectives and prepare a budget for a public relations campaign.
- Develop and present a detailed public relations plan for a particular segment of the population.
- Write press releases and public interest articles for client organizations or individuals for submission to the media.
- Research and analyze crisis situations and make PR recommendations for dealing with crisis communications.
- Evaluate the ethical and legal issues of public relations and spin.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.