SMG432 Leisure Services Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. George John Drops
Examination of the organization and administration of the leisure service field, ranging from not-for- profit entities such as parks and libraries to businesses such as hotels, restaurants, amusement parks and country clubs. Students will analyze operating problems and propose solutions to enhance their knowledge and outlook on leisure facilities and operational management.
- Define terms appropriate to the management of sports and leisure management.
- Identify the influence society has on sports and leisure.
- Discuss the four aspects of leisure and explain how they impact management of leisure services.
- Discuss the impacts of diversity on leisure management.
- Evaluate ethical concerns concerning diversity in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major diversity concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.