LED620 World View & Adult Development
Lead Faculty: Dr. Julia L. Buchanan
Course DescriptionAdult development is intrinsic to the development of holistic leaders therefore students will gain knowledge of adult development concepts and theories. Identification of oneandamp;#8217;s world view or ontology is interwoven with oneandamp;#8217;s development in leadership therefore students will work to identify their world view and connect it with their development as a leader. Students will also gain knowledge of emerging models of leadership and integral approaches by linking their world view to their practice of leadership.
- Distinguish oneandapos;s worldview and be able to articulate it to others.
- Determine connections between oneandapos;s worldview and the way leadership and authority are exercised.
- Examine diverse worldviews and explore the connections to leadership theory.
- Explore concepts of adult development as related to emerging models of leadership.
- Evaluate leadership approaches for a holistic and integral framework.