HCM401 Intro to Casino Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Charles Pickett
This course is an overview of the Native American Casino management trival gaming operations. It includes the history of Tribal Government Gaming, a description of gaming component and their interrelationship to the hospitality industry. This course also shows the industry's growth opportunities and identifies the potential for employment success. The study of casino departments and procedures is linked to an analysis of successful casino management and leadership practices.
- Cite historical and political steps in the development of Tribal Government Gaming
- Identify four reasons how tribal gaming aims to increase tribal self-reliance and sovereignty.
- Distinguish and describe twelve basic operational departments in the Native American gaming business.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the major operational departments in a casino.
- Identify four principle consumer issues facing both the casino and hospitality businesses.
- Describe six basic management skills requires in casino operations and related hospitality industries.
- Distinguish five basic concepts of casino table games and two basic forms of gaming machines, including calculating principles in game probability.
- Describe the economic and social importance if Tribal Gaming for communities.
- Categorize the gaming customers by motivation and gaming attitudes.