HCM401 Intro to Casino Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Charles Pickett
Course DescriptionThis course is an overview of the Native American Casino management trival gaming operations. It includes the history of Tribal Government Gaming, a description of gaming component and their interrelationship to the hospitality industry. This course also shows the industryandapos;s growth opportunities and identifies the potential for employment success. The study of casino departments and procedures is linked to an analysis of successful casino management and leadership practices.
- Cite historical and political steps in the development of Tribal Government Gaming
- Identify four reasons how tribal gaming aims to increase tribal self-reliance and sovereignty.
- Distinguish and describe twelve basic operational departments in the Native American gaming business.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the major operational departments in a casino.
- Identify four principle consumer issues facing both the casino and hospitality businesses.
- Describe six basic management skills requires in casino operations and related hospitality industries.
- Distinguish five basic concepts of casino table games and two basic forms of gaming machines, including calculating principles in game probability.
- Describe the economic and social importance if Tribal Gaming for communities.
- Categorize the gaming customers by motivation and gaming attitudes.