HCM405 Casino Operations Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Charles Pickett
This course provides an overview of a manager's responsibilities behind the scenes in the gaming industry. Operations management is an important discipline that carefully manages the processes and products that provide services. Managers need to understand how resort and casino industries function on an operational basis in order to better identify opportunities for creating efficiencies in their processes and related activities.
- Explain the role of the gaming commission.
- Identify various social and cultural concerns related to gaming.
- Summarize the current developments in casino gaming and the future trends.
- Describe the functionality of a casino organization structure.
- Discuss the operational differences between the management of table games and slot games.
- Identify staffing needs within the organizational structure of typical gaming operations.
- Identify the guidelines of casino marketing and player rating systems.
- Utilize the basic mathematics required for various game probabilities.