Specialization in Integrated Marketing Communication
Lead Faculty: Dr. Susan Silverstone
This specialization prepares students to take leadership roles in the management and control of marketing messages within and beyond their organizations. Building on the foundation developed in the core classes, courses in this sequence provide learners with essential skills in the marketing communication process. Students gain mastery in conceiving, planning and distributing integrated marketing content for traditional and new media channels, including blogs, social networks and mobile media. They also learn essential quantitative research skills that enable them to evaluate the effectiveness of communication campaigns. Through coursework and a capstone project, graduates are prepared to fulfill management responsibilities for commercial and nonprofit marketing efforts, including advertising, public relations, fundraising, and other campaigns.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Critique integrated marketing communication campaigns.
- Conceive integrated marketing communication plans.
- Produce marketing communication messages.
- Create media mix plans that specify content dissemination channels.
- Evaluate effectiveness and return on investment of communication campaigns.