MNS407 Management Science
Lead Faculty: Dr. Reza Fadaei-Tehrani
Course DescriptionA survey of the fundamentals of management science. Emphasizes the concepts and mathematical techniques most useful in business and finance.
- Explain the management science approach to identification, analysis, decision, and implementation of problem solving.
- Identify, categorize and discuss management problems that can be analyzed by linear programming.
- Explain the importance of forecasting in organizations.
- Construct models for a variety of PERT/CPM.
- Describe the EOQ model and its variations or expansions.
- Illustrate the decision tree method of analysis for decision making under risk and under certainty and expected value.
- Demonstrate the transportation method to solve problems manually and with the northwest corner method
- Solve case problems using computer software.