BUS500A Intermediate Algebra
Lead Faculty: Dr. Reza Fadaei-Tehrani
Course DescriptionAn introduction to quantitative methods for business graduate students with no previous exposure to the subject, it covers topics including algebraic operations, equations, graphs and functions, exponential and logarithmic functions, and an introduction to linear programming. No credit is awarded.
- Perform basic operations on rational expressions.
- Perform the basic operations on roots and radicals.
- Solve quadratic equations by factoring, completing the square and by formula.
- Plot the graph of a given equation.
- Recognize the particular and special characteristics of linear, quadratic, logarithmic, exponential.