MNS205 Intro to Quantitative Methods
Lead Faculty: Dr. Reza Fadaei-Tehrani
An examination of advanced algebra techniques in the business setting, including linear systems, polynomials, exponential and logarithmic functions, as well as introduction to probability and statistics. The primary quantitative course required for MNS 407. (Students who have taken college algebra (MTH 215) within the last three years are exempt from this course.)
- Construct and solve (algebraically, graphically, and statistically) models for a variety of business problems.
- Apply mathematical ideas and express them graphically and numerically.
- Solve equations, inequalities, and systems of equations.
- Explain and work with polynomials, polynomial functions, rational expressions, quadratic equations and functions.
- Explain population, sample, mean, population mean, median, mode, range, population variances, sample variance, standard deviations, coefficient of variation, and sample mean for group data.