Develop a repertoire of strategies to become a trainer of trainers with the Graduate Certificate in Best Practices in Teaching program. This graduate certificate program implements research-based instructional strategies that accelerate student achievement. This graduate certificate involves the following effective best practices in teaching: vocabulary development, comprehensive instructional strategies, accelerated English language learning, higher level questioning, differentiated and targeted instruction, student engagement strategies, cooperative learning grouping strategies, and standard-based instruction. Along with learning the strategies listed above, you’ll learn to create multidisciplinary standards-based lesson plans. You’ll also learn target research-based teaching strategies to close the achievement gap.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate Best Practices for Standards-based instruction across content areas.
- Use best-practice teaching strategies across the curriculum.
- Apply to their teaching the framework of teach, practice, and apply using best-practice teaching strategies.
- Implement best-practice teaching strategies for the development of vocabulary, math, reading comprehension, and interdisciplinary learning.
- Integrate best-practices in multimedia-interactive classroom instruction.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of differentiated instructional strategies for assessment and grouping.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education