The Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics Education with Nevada Secondary Licensure program provides a rigorous preparation of candidates for a career as a teacher of mathematics at the middle and secondary school levels. The program stresses foundations in mathematics and its applications and prepares you to seek a Nevada teaching license.
This BA in Mathematics program prepares teacher candidates for entry into Nevada’s teaching profession as mathematics teachers who are dedicated to inspiring all K-12 learners by emphasizing: social/emotional thriving, meaningful academic achievement, and equitable and inclusive learning communities. The program and courses meet the Nevada Department of Education requirements for a Nevada Secondary Licensure in Mathematics.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Use language and mathematical symbols to communicate mathematical ideas in the connections and interplay among various mathematical topics and their applications that cover range of phenomena across appropriate disciplines.
- Use current technology tools, such as computers, calculators, graphing utilities, video, and interactive programs that are appropriate for the research and study in mathematics.
- Employ algebra and number theory ideas and tools as a base of a fundamental language of mathematics research and communication.
- Use educational technology to meet the needs of all learners including those with special needs, and linguistically and culturally diverse students.
- Utilize systematic observations, documentation, and other effective assessment strategies in a responsible manner to facilitate and account for learning and to support positive growth.
- Design, implement, and evaluate standards-based lesson plans for learning and achievement in content areas.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education