The Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education with Nevada Elementary Licensure at National University provides a broad, rigorous education that prepares you for a teaching career. The BA program introduces you to essential knowledge, connections across the disciplines, and applies knowledge of life beyond the university.
This program prepares teacher candidates for entry into Nevada’s teaching profession as an elementary school teacher who will be dedicated to inspiring all K-12 learners by emphasizing social emotional thriving, meaningful academic achievement, and equitable and inclusive learning communities. The program and courses meet the Nevada Department of Education requirements for an Elementary License.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of interdisciplinary theory and the practice of critical thinking for the collection, validation, analysis, and synthesis of historical data and new information.
- Demonstrate application of educational technology to meet the needs of all learners including those with special needs and linguistically and culturally diverse students
- Demonstrate knowledge of child and adolescent development in order to explain how to support growth in cognitive, social, physical, and emotional domains.
- Demonstrate understanding through use of systematic observations, documentation, and other effective assessment strategies in a responsible manner to facilitate and account for learning, and to support positive growth.
- Design, implement, and evaluate standards-based lesson plans for learning and achievement in content areas.
- Consider students’ knowledge when designing, implementing, and assessing curriculum to promote developmentally appropriate learning outcomes for all children.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education