Are you interested in a career that combines close human care with strong science? Pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at National University. Changes in our evolving healthcare system have fueled an increased need for skilled nurses. This varied and important work includes recording patient medical histories and symptoms, giving patients medicines and treatments, and setting up plans for patient care or contributing to existing plans.
In the nursing program, you’ll learn to carefully observe patients and record those observations to share with doctors. You may operate and monitor state-of-the-art medical equipment, and assist in performing diagnostic tests and analyzing results. You’ll also learn effective ways to teach patients and their families how to manage illnesses or injuries. The program also helps you develop critical thinking, communication, and therapeutic nursing skills within the framework of transcultural nursing.
This program is one of the BSN programs in California that is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Graduates are eligible to take the professional licensure exam (NCLEX) to earn a state license to practice as a registered nurse (RN).
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at National University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop caring, therapeutic nursing relationships with individuals, families, communities and populations.
- Provide safe, quality, effective, culturally competent, person-centered nursing care for individuals across the life span in a variety of settings.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of nursing care quality and safety.
- Use clinical judgment and leadership skills to manage, prioritize and delegate collaborate patient care in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with individuals, families, communities, populations and interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrate professional identity by incorporating established standards of practice within the legal and ethical framework of nursing.
- Apply current best evidence-based nursing concepts to achieve desired outcomes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.