Ethics and School Leadership
Introduces connection between leadership and ethics. Study of traditional ethical frameworks as presented by early Greek writers, past and present philosophers and theologians, non-believers, and leadership scholars. Consideration of long-range implications of leadership activities through case study analysis.
- Analyze the multiple perspectives of ethical behaviors within diverse cultures.
- Evaluate a personal ethical compass in relation to principles of right conduct.
- Create and design possible ways to implement the ethical theories of leadership into the school setting.
- Recognize and generalize from given facts a series of forces that might be encountered which would hinder incorporating ethical leadership into an educational organization.
- Analyze linkages among four other important attributes of ethical leadership qualities: change, research, community and diversity.
- Apply ethical decision-making techniques to real life scenarios from school districts and other educational organizations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.