Supervision of Instruction
This course provides a theoretical and practical framework for supervising and evaluating instruction while modeling a personal code of ethics and developing professional leadership capacity. A variety of theoretical perspectives and skills for engaging in the practice of supervision of instruction, curriculum assessment, program quality, and standards-based instruction are presented. Emphasis is on instructional leadership that models personal and professional ethics, integrity, justice, and fairness, while expecting the same behaviors from others. Candidates focus on demonstrating skills in decision-making, problem solving, change management, planning, conflict management, and evaluation.
- Evaluate the personal and professional ethics, integrity, justice, and fairness that lead others to higher levels of performance, commitment, and motivation.
- Examine decision-making models based upon relevant data and research about effective teaching and learning, leadership, management practices, and equity.
- Appraise standards-based curriculum and their ability to integrate and articulate programs throughout the grades.
- Analyze strategies for problem solving, change management, planning, conflict management, and evaluation.
- Examine curriculum and instruction in terms of models of teaching, instructional strategies, assessment, and classroom management, in the context of continual evaluation to promote positive change in the instructional program.
- Examine personal and professional development opportunities in the area of educational leadership.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.