Schools of the World
An examination of globalization’s impact on P-12 school by viewing a variety of P-12 schooling models from across the world. Compare and contrast with U.S.’s system of local control of funding and governance, and roles states and federal government play. Accountability, student assessment of learning, governance, funding, culture, and religion are also considered in this examination.
- Identify stated and unstated purposes of schooling in other nations’ P-12 school systems.
- Recognize globalization’s cultural, political, and economic impact on P-12 schooling.
- Relate stated educational philosophies to purpose and goals in various nations.
- Describe national P-12 school finance models as they relate to various nations’ educational purpose and goals.
- Describe national curricula as they relate various nations’ purpose and goals.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.