NSG403 Nursing Theories and Models
Lead Faculty: Alice Noquez
This course facilitates the practice of professional nursing by providing students with an opportunity to experiment with the application of various conceptual models in order to evaluate the impact of conceptual models on nursing practice.
- Describe the paradigmatic concepts which form the basis of Leininger's Culture Care and Universality Theory.
- Compare and contrast health care values and practices of the dominant culture and minority groups.
- Summarize the major categories of regulation found in the Nursing Practice Act.
- Describe the functions of the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Compare and contrast selected A.N.A. Standards of Practice with the Nursing Practice Act.
- Apply specific Standards of Practice to selected case studies.
- Define the metaparadigmatic concepts of nursing.
- Compare and contrast the paradigmatic concepts as they are explication by selected theorists in the development of conceptual models.
- In a simulated practice environment, demonstrate the nursing process using a selected conceptual framework.