NSG335A Pediatric Nursing Lab
Practical application of knowledge and skills required for nursing care children and their families. The students will care for the child and family as a unit, considering behavioral, developmental, physiological, cultural and environmental factors. Grading is S or U only.
- Utilize critical thinking to prioritize and deliver safe, competent, culturally-sensitive family-centered care of children in a variety of health care environments.
- Communicate effectively with patients/family and other members of the health care team, integrating use of current patient care technologies and information systems to provide quality nursing care.
- Recognize potential legal and ethical issues common to the pediatric population and seek guidance appropriately.
- Integrate evidence based practice into planning and implementing nursing care for children while considering behavioral, developmental, physiological, cultural and environmental factors.
- Demonstrate the nursing process adapting to the unique needs of children in managing illness and promoting health.
- Provide basic health information to the child and family using age appropriate methods.