NSG 200A Foundations Clinical Lab
Lead Faculty: Ms. Mickie Schuerger
Students are introduced to a variety of healthcare settings, with the focus on providing safe patient-centered care to a minimum of one patient. Students will use therapeutic communication skills, develop professional behaviors and apply the nursing process using current evidence, legal standards, and ethical principles. Grading is by S or U only.
- Apply knowledge of adult development to promote patient safety and prevent errors.
- Employ the steps of the nursing process to provide patient-centered care and compassion for adults of all ages
- Apply at a beginning level, evidence-based data to provide best practices to meet the basic health needs of adult patients
- Utilize basic psychomotor and communication skills when caring for adults
- Provide basic teaching/learning to meet basic health care needs for diverse adults in a variety of settings
- Demonstrate accountability for professional behavior based on legal standards and ethical principles