HCA494A Healthcare Internship
Lead Faculty: Dr. Suzanne Evans
Practical application of the knowledge and skills required for a healthcare administration professional in a healthcare agency. Students will be assigned to agencies according to their interests and the availability of an approved internship site. Two month requirement. Grading is by S/U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Apply his or her acquired knowledge and skills to a supervised healthcare administration internship assignment within an approved healthcare organization/agency.
- Develop an Individual Student Learning Plan based on a self-reflection and team assessment of levels of professional competencies.
- Utilize effective communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain professional relationships with the healthcare organization/agency staff and the target stakeholders.
- Plan and complete one or more supervised applied project (s) related to healthcare administration in an approved healthcare organization.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional dispositions in all interactions within the internship placement.
- Write a summative reflective report of the internship experience demonstrating the successful integration of academic knowledge, skills, and dispositions.