HCA409 Intro to HC Marketing
Lead Faculty: Dr. Suzanne Evans
Introduction to contemporary marketing theory, strategies, and implementation processes in healthcare organizations. Focus on identification of market opportunity, communication, planning and promotion, pricing decision-making, and development of distribution channels and service designs. Emphasis on community and not-for-profit marketing concepts.
- Apply appropriate theoretical precepts and practical skills consistent with marketing in a healthcare environment.
- Explain the relationship between cultural diversity and marketing in a global economy.
- Discuss the interrelationship between marketing and other functions, such as finance, accounting, and human resources.
- Examine marketing processes used in a variety of healthcare organizations.
- Develop a basic marketing plan that contains all essential elements ethical considerations.
- Explain the purposes and steps involved in a marketing audit of an organization.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an existing marketing strategy.