COH611 Public Health Research Methods
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gina Piane
Course DescriptionFundamentals of research methods and statistical analysis of public health data. Includes principles of research investigation, research design, sampling, measurements, and the use of descriptive and inferential statistics for data analysis and hypothesis testing. Focuses on health survey design, sampling methodologies, questionnaire construction and administration, interviewing, and coding procedures.
- Describe the ethical issues involved in performing research with human subjects.
- Evaluate an existent survey instrument.
- Develop a survey instrument.
- Develop an informed consent form.
- Apply a quantitative study design to a public health issue.
- Apply a qualitative study design to a public health issue.
- Evaluate a public health research study that used a mixed methods design.