COH607 Public Health Program Develop
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gina Piane
Course DescriptionDevelopment of community-wide interventions to promote health and prevent disease. Systematic design by application of the principles of epidemiology, health behavior and Evidence-Based Public Health. Includes Community-Based Participatory Research and investigation of ethical issues in conducting community-based public health programs.
- Assess the health needs of a community.
- Describe the 9 phases of the PRECEDE/PROCEED framework.
- Apply the PRECEDE/PROCEED framework for a health issue in a community.
- Describe the 6 steps of Evidence-Based Public Health.
- Apply the 6 steps of Evidence-Based Public Health to a health issue in a community.
- Describe Community-Based Participatory Research.
- Investigate the ethical issues involved in Community-Based Participatory Research.
- Critically evaluate the evidence that supports intervention choices for a health issue.
- Develop specific, measureable, attainable, realistic and time-framed process, impact and outcome objectives for a community health project.