COH416 PH & Physical Activity
Challenges to establishing and maintaining a physically active lifestyle in society examined. Physical, psychological, and social benefits of habitual physical activities considered. Public health impacts of sedentary living presented. Interventions to improve physical activity assessed.
- Describe how physical activity is incorporated into concepts and practices of governmental, non-profit, and private public health agencies, including schools.
- Compare and contrast concepts of physical activity and physical fitness.
- Compare and contrast benefits of physical activity and its environmental, social, and motivational impediments.
- List major health benefits of physical activity: Physiological, psychological, and social.
- Explain the range of services available at local, state, and national levels that promote physical activity.
- Assess the possibility of social norm change to include physical activity as a part of habitual pro-social health behaviors.
- Associate physical activity with other prosocial behaviors: healthy diets, limited alcohol intake, normal body mass index, no smoking.