If you can’t find the information you need within our website or in this list of common questions, feel free to contact us. Our representatives are happy to help you.
For answers to your questions, email us at WESTraining@nu.edu.
Q: What is WES Training and Development and why is it a good fit for me?
A: Workforce Education Solutions (WES) Training and Development is committed to providing personal and professional enrichment opportunities by offering innovative and cost effective programs and resources to a diverse community in an evolving global environment. Our offerings are designed to fit into your demanding schedule by supporting various learning environments such as in the classroom, online, and on-site training. Whether you are looking to update your skills, prepare for the job market, or learn more about a subject you enjoy, our courses fit your needs.
Q: Why is a Certificate a good career move? Other advantages, and how your Organization benefits.
A: Why is a Certificate a good career move?
- Learn relevant skills to stay on top of trends in your profession
- Gain tangible, workforce-ready skills
- Boost your earning potential
- Prepare for qualifying industry exams
- Provides networking opportunities and job prospects
- Gain an edge over your peers
- Proves mastery in a subject area
- Learn from subject matter experts working in the field
- Offers practical, hands-on knowledge you can apply to your job immediately
- Short time commitment
- Pursue a passion
- Explore a new career field
- Discover personal enrichment courses
How your organization benefits?
- Stay current with the latest trends in your industry
- Stand out as leaders in your industry
- Meet the ever-changing business needs
- Attract highly skilled and engaged workforce
Q: What is a CEU?
A: The Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is a uniform measure of non-academic credit in a continuing education learning experience. One CEU is awarded for every 10 contact hours of participation. Employers and others who routinely examine and evaluate individual accomplishments generally accept this unit of measurement. However, CEU’s do not necessarily transfer into semester or quarter units. Each employer may evaluate National University’s CEU’s differently. We advise our students to contact their employer or school district to verify how our CEU courses will be accounted for prior to enrolling in classes.
Q: Do I need to be a National University student to take WES training and development courses?
A: No. Although current National University students can take Training and Development courses, this is not a requirement for admission.
Q: How do I register for a Training and Development Course course?
A: Start by creating an account or signing into your account through our Training and Development portal:
Next, select a course through our online catalog, add it to your online cart and pay for your course.
You can email WESTraining@nu.edu with any questions or issues.
Q: I am a current National University student, do I need to fill out a Training and Development application?
A: Yes. A Training and Development application is required in order to take classes through WES Training and Development, even for current National University students.
Q: Is my Social Security Number required to register?
A: Yes. When filling out the application, you will be required to input your Social Security Number and Date of Birth. In order to issue a unique Student ID number, this information is require. This Student ID number will be used for identification purposes while attending National University.
Q: How do I pay for a Training and Development course?
A: For all Training and Development courses, payment is required prior to enrollment. You can make payments for Training and Development courses using a credit card, a debit card, cash, or check. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. Payments can be submitted directly online. Please email WESTraining@nu.edu with questions or issues with registration processing.
Q: Can I use Financial Aid for Training and Development programs?
A: Training and Development courses do not qualify for federal financial aid.
- Financial aid cannot be applied to test preparation or VESi courses. Payment for all test preparation and VESi courses is required prior to the start date of the course.
- ed2Go offers private education loans, military tuition assistance, and government funding options for those who enroll in their Career Training Program certificates. Please refer to the following link for more information: http://www.ed2go.com/career/financial-assistance.
- Employer tuition reimbursement information. Many employers offer tuition reimbursement for educational or professional development purposes. Please contact your Human Resources Department to inquire if your employer offers this benefit.
Q: Can military assistance or veteran’s benefits be applied toward the Training and Development courses or programs?
A: Each military student’s funding is evaluated on an individual level – for more information, please contact the National University Veterans Affairs Office at (858) 541-7970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Does WES Training and Development offer funding through the EDD?
A: Yes. We offer various courses for funding through the State of California Employment Development Department (EDD). Please visit the San Diego Workforce Partnership website to learn more about the enrollment process.
Q: Does WES Training and Development offer any type of career services or job placement?
A: Training and Development students can utilize the National University Career Services department free of charge. The Career Services department offers resources such as resume building, interview skills, and job search tips. National University Career Services contact information: (858) 541-7950 or email@example.com. Job placement is not provided by Training and Development or the National University Career Services department.
Additional Career and Job Market Resources:
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: http://www.bls.gov/
- State of California, Employment Development Department; Labor Market info: http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/
- San Diego Workforce Partnership Labor Market Resources http://workforce.org/labor-market-resources
Q: I’m a Human Resources Manager looking for training to provide to my organization’s employees. Do you provide corporate training opportunities?
A: Yes. Corporate training is available for organizations through WES Training and Development at National University. Any course can be tailored to meet an organizational goal while helping you maximize your training budget. Workshops can take place online, at your site or one of our various locations throughout California.