Experience the personal and intellectual growth possible with a degree in from National University’s College of Letters and Sciences. Here you can explore a wide and diverse range of studies designed to cultivate critical communication and analytical skills that can be used to develop exciting career paths in several unique and creative industries.
The College of Letters and Sciences offers a wide range of associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees in social sciences, mathematics and natural sciences, psychology, arts, and humanities. Explore your creative expression, conduct exciting research projects, or delve into global cultures and languages. Here, you’ll “learn how to learn” and continue developing proficiencies, even after your degree is complete.
Choose from our departments below
Arts and Humanities
- Associate of Science in General Education
- Minor In Creative Writing
- Foreign Credential Bridge Program
- Master of Arts in Film Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish with a Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential (California Only)
- Associate of Arts with Concentration in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
- Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communications
- Bachelor of Arts in English With an Inspired Teaching and Learning and a Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential (California)
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
- Minor in English
- Associate of Arts in General Education
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
- Bachelor of Arts in English with Single Subject Preparation
- Master of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in English
Mathematics & Natural Sciences
- Associate of Science in Human Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Subject Matter Authorization in Introductory Mathematics for Single or Multiple Subject Teaching Credential Authorization
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic and Crime Scene Investigations
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics Courses with Single Subject Credential
- Minor in Mathematics
- Master of Forensic Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Arts in Gerontology
- Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Psychology
- Master of Arts in Performance Psychology
- Minor in Psychology
- Undergraduate Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Sport Psychology
- Master of Arts in Human Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Behavior
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Science with a Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential (California)
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a California Preliminary Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential
- Minor in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Minor in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Minor in Global Studies
- Minor in History
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Global Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”