Experience the personal and intellectual growth possible with a degree from National University’s College of Letters and Sciences. Here you can explore a wide and diverse range of studies designed to cultivate critical communication and analytical skills that can be used to develop exciting career paths in several unique and creative industries.
The College of Letters and Sciences offers a wide range of associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees in social sciences, mathematics and natural sciences, psychology, arts, and humanities. Explore your creative expression, conduct exciting research projects, or delve into global cultures and languages. Here, you’ll “learn how to learn” and continue developing proficiencies, even after your degree is complete.Meet Our Faculty
Choose from Our Departments Below
- Associate of Arts in General Education
- Associate of Arts with Concentration in Business Administration
- Associate of Science in General Education
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in English with Single Subject Matter Preparation and ITL Single Subject Credential (California)
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communications
- Minor In Creative Writing
- Minor in English
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
- Foreign Credential Bridge Program
- Associate of Science in Human Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Master of Forensic Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic and Crime Scene Investigations
- Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sport Psychology
- Minor in Psychology
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (California)
- Master of Arts in Human Behavior
- Master of Arts in Performance Psychology
- Undergraduate Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a California Preliminary Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Science with a Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential (California)
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Minor in Global Studies
- Minor in History
- Minor in Political Science
- Minor in Sociology
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”