Healthcare organizations today face complex challenges, and in the future these are likely to increase. A Master of Healthcare Administration degree gives you the conceptual and analytical skills you’ll need to understand and manage healthcare organization challenges. This professional program is designed to provide skills and knowledge in the practice of healthcare administration and management and to prepare you for entry-level and middle-management roles in healthcare organizations. Special attention is given to the social side of the profession and its unique people-dependent focus. You’ll find this is a degree with smarts and heart.
The program explores the organization and the financing and delivery of services to prevent and treat illness and disease. The program includes programs that serve the public and private sectors at all levels — local, state, and federal. You’ll learn from faculty members who are united by a common commitment to solving problems and developing innovations related to the access, cost, and quality of healthcare.
You’ll increase your chances for professional growth and job placement through carefully planned internships and a capstone experience, plus gain practical experience in project management, teamwork, and leadership. If you are looking for career advancement from middle to upper middle management, or to transition into healthcare administration from other professions, this degree will expand your options.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Solve complex problems in a healthcare environment by employing analytical skills.
- Establish strategic priorities of a healthcare organization in line with the needs and values of the community it serves.
- Conduct financial analysis, explain financial and accounting information, and make long-term investment decisions for a healthcare organization.
- Utilize administrative and clinical information technology and decision-support tools in process and performance improvement.
- Incorporate the principles of quality management for improving outcomes in healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate the ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the healthcare industry.
Meet Our Faculty
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.