Award total: $25,000
National University is one of 12 universities in the United States designated to receive the Horatio Alger-Denny Sanford Scholarship Program award. Each year, 10 students who are identified by National University, based on pre-qualification criteria, will receive an application to apply. The total award for each National University student is $25,000, disbursed over the course of three years. Students must meet criteria of:
- Currently earning a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income, required)
- Complete FAFSA
- Be under the age of 28 years old
- Have two years or more remaining at National University
- Be a US citizen
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or above
- Be enrolled full time
A link to the application will be sent to pre-qualified students beginning mid-March through SOAR student portal. Students should use the application code provided. Complete applications are due May 15, 2019. The applications are administered by the Horatio Alger Association.
The application will ask for supplemental forms, including unofficial transcripts; a support form detailing adversity experienced by the applicant filled out be a non-family member; and a certification form (to be filled out by the registrar). Students will be asked to write a few short essays.
To find out more, or if you have questions, please contact 858-541-7762 or email email@example.com.