Prepare for a rewarding career in public service that helps to maintain the standard of living in your own community. Professional Studies programs teach you how to improve society by maintaining and providing excellence and quality in research, public service, law, criminal justice-related fields, and continuing education programs. Gain an analytical outlook that merges theories and practices with resources, budgets, and ethical situations in the public sector. You’ll develop the skills to effectively communicate ideas, work on teams, and collect and analyze data to produce results that matter.
Department Head: Dr. Jack Hamlin
Choose from our Programs below
- Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Law Studies
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) in Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Minor in Business Law
- Minor in Criminal Justice Administration
- Minor in Pre-Law Studies
- Master in Criminal Justice Leadership
- Master of Forensic Sciences
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) Degree
- Master of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- Doctor of Public Administration
- Juris Doctor JFK School of Law at National University
- Certificate in AI and Machine Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic and Crime Scene Investigations
- Paralegal Specialist Certificate
- Paralegal Specialist Certificate in Corporations
- Paralegal Specialist Certificate in Criminal Law
- Paralegal Specialist Certificate in Litigation
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.