Specialization in English Language Learner Education
The Master of Education in Inspired Teaching and Learning Specialization on English Language Learner Education is designed to improve the quality of education for English Language Learners in grades K-12 in California public schools. Candidates will gain experience, professional knowledge and skills when identifying, examining, implementing and evaluating sustained best practices for the education of English Language Learners in public school classrooms through content learning and course-embedded research practicum I, II III.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Assess multiple theoretical frameworks and inclusion practices based on knowledge of Identity and Equity for the improvement of the education of K12 English Language Learners.
- Design culturally responsive inter-disciplinary curricular unit(s) developed to support meaningful and sustained academic achievement for English Language Learners (ELLs) with the use of multiple of measures.
- Synthesize the findings and implications from an English Language Learner based inquiry project designed to investigate evidence-based curricular and instructional improvements for ensuring meaningful academic achievement and social-emotional thriving of K12 English Language Learners (ELLs).
- ITI 660 Identity, Inclusion and Equity
- ITI 662 Linguistics- Academic Language
- ITI 664 EL Achievement in Content Area