PAD644 MPA Project
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maryam Davodi-Far
Course DescriptionA project where students work in teams or individually under the guidance of an assigned faculty advisor. Students clarify research topics and identify data sources in preparation for the project. Students then gather data and present their research in both written and oral form to faculty and classmates. Grading is H, S, or U only. PAD 644 is two months in length.
- Write a Masters level research project/thesis/public administration policy issue.
- Define a specific research problem and/or public administration issue.
- Conduct a comprehensive literature review relating to the study and methods used in the project.
- Identify sources of data for the project analysis.
- Specify timelines and key milestones for execution and completion of project activities.
- Gather and analyze relevant data.
- Identify, describe and use appropriate quantitative and analytical models for drawing conclusions.
- Clearly compose a detailed project document.
- Submit and defend project during oral presentation to faculty, class and, if applicable, clients.