Bachelor of Arts in Film Arts
This Bachelor of Arts in Film Arts prepares graduates for entry-level positions in professional film and media content. BA in film students develop skills and techniques necessary to collaborate with creative partners in writing, production, and post-production of visual content for a distributed digital media environment. The online film production courses include the origin and development of contemporary cinematic techniques, creative story development, script and proposal writing, professional digital film-making and post-production techniques, and digital media asset management.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the principles of film by communicating assessments in oral, written or visual modes
- Analyze the communication objectives of media content creators by communicating assessments in oral, written or visual modes.
- Generate coherant pre-production assets usable in the development of narrative media.
- Apply collaborative creative processes to the development of narrative media.
- Utilize storytelling techniques to present a coherent digital media based narrative.
- FLM 300 Film Foundations
- FLM 305 Narrative Film History
- FLM 310 Sound Editing
- FLM 320 Screenplay Writing I
- FLM 325 Video Editing
- FLM 330 Producing
- FLM 340 Directing I
- FLM 355 Post-production I
- FLM 370 Screenplay Writing II
- FLM 380 Directing II Cinematography
- FLM 405 Narrative Film Contemporary
- FLM 420 Screenplay Writing III
- FLM 440 Directing III
- FLM 455 Post-production II
- FLM 460 Crowdsource Production Team
- FLM 480 Capstone I
- FLM 490 Capstone II