SCR683 Adaptation Workshop
Lead Faculty: Ms. Bettina Moss
Course DescriptionBuilding on core screenwriting courses, this advanced workshop focuses on creating an outline for a feature-length screenplay based upon source material from another medium such as short stories, news articles and other sources. Students receive critical review of their outline and in a consultation with the instructor will create an action plan for writing the screenplay.
- Integrate learned elements of screenplay writing and apply them to an idea for adaptation.
- Incorporate constructive criticism in order to revise story ideas and outlines.
- Evaluate films and produced screenplays based upon adapted sources.
- Analyze constructs from films and produced screenplays which support the student's adapted idea.
- Implement adaptation screenwriting techniques to write an outline based upon source material from another medium.