Collaborative production of short film projects using professional equipment. Includes masters production workshops and production of a short film in an authentic production environment. Must be taken on site at a National University campus and concurrently with MDC 683P. See the program catalog description for residency information. A materials fee for production expenses applies.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the aesthetics of digital cinematography in lighting and shooting footage in a variety of settings.
- Collaborate with others as a cinematography crew member in the production of raw footage.
- Apply a variety of cinematic solutions to production problems in a variety of settings.
- Operate and safely utilize the technical equipment used in digital video production.
- Devise a photographic solution to a production problem that demonstrates proficiency with lighting by applying photographic techniques in natural and artificial light in both digital and film media.